Justin Seibert is the President of Direct Online Marketing™. He has been involved in search engine marketing since 2001, when he worked for a Los Angeles-based financial firm. He built their internet marketing program from scratch into a multi-million dollar per year revenue generator. He left California in 2006 for family reasons and founded Direct Online Marketing where he and the team now use their skills to build programs for companies across the globe.
Certifications & Recognition
Justin carries several online marketing certifications and distinctions. Among them, he is individually qualified in the Google AdWords Certification Program with all three specializations offered: Search Advertising, Display Advertising, and Reporting & Analysis. He was also certified under Google’s prior program as a Qualified Google Advertising Professional.
He is also recognized as an Bing Ads Accredited Professional (formerly referred to as a Microsoft adExcellence Member) and previously as a Yahoo! Search Marketing Ambassador, whose program is now discontinued. Justin carries certifications from Marketing Experiments in both Online Testing and Landing Page Optimization and has served as Judge for both the Web Marketing Association’s WebAward Competition and Internet Advertising Competition.
Justin was also recognized by Hanapin Marketing as a 2012 Top 25 Most Influential Pay-Per-Click Expert.
Outside of the marketing industry, he has been named to the 40 Under 40 List (State Journal, 2009) and as a West Virginia Young Gun (WV Executive, 2012).
Writing & Speaking
Justin regularly speaks about paid search, search engine optimization, and social media at events of various sizes, from large conferences to regional association meetings. Check our events page to see where you can catch Justin and other members of the DOM team next.
Venues and publications where he has written, spoken, or been featured or quoted include:
- National Automobile Dealers Association / American Truck Dealers Convention & Expo. Justin presented search engine marketing techniques for truck dealers in two separate workshops at the 2010 ATD convention in Orlando and was asked back to present at the combined NADA – ATD Convention in 2013. Justin’s workshops were the highest rated of any at this 2010 conference. Here’s a snippet from 2010 (ratings and videos not yet available for 2013):
- SEM II: Join the Revolution. At this Erie, PA search engine marketing event, Justin presented Get Found Fast! Paid Search Marketing from A to Q and fielded questions from an audience heavily weighted with industrial companies. The audience rated the presentation a 4.71 (1 to 5 scale) with a 4.79 on knowledge of paid search subject matter.
- Online Marketing: Innovations that Work. Justin provided actionable tips and guidelines for building an online reputation management in Southpointe (Pittsburgh), PA in a presentation entitled They Said What? Protect Your Reputation with Search Engine Marketing. This event featured speakers from companies such as eBay, Microsoft, and WebTrends.
- Digital Media in a Social World. Justin presented a session titled How to Protect Your Online Reputation at this two-day conference hosted by The Ohio State University’s Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing. Watch the full presentation here:
- Optimizing Your Global Marketing. Justin is in the middle of a series of seminars organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce held along the East Coast. He’s presenting pros and cons of search engine and social media marketing to U.S. companies wishing to expand their exporting.
- Social Media Week. Justin presented a mash-up of local and online reputation management tips called Brave New Local / Social World: Recent Changes to Local & Review Sites and their Effect on Online Reputation Management as part of OMC’s Social Media Week.
- Next Generation Marketing & Create WV Conferences. Justin presented Engagement & Dialogue and other topics regarding online reputation management and social media at various venues across West Virginia for these two series.
- Social Media Business Forum. Justin sat on two panel social media panel sessions for Q&A sessions at the University of Charleston.
- Teaming to Win. Selling on the Net – Taking Your Business Worldwide was the topic at this premiere West Virginia conference devoted to advocating and advancing teaming among businesses and organizations to win grow government and private business.
- West Virginia Young Leadership Conference. Justin presented a discussion on advanced techniques – and potential pitfalls – of social media, including networks like LinkedIn, twitter, and facebook in Morgantown, WV.
Colleges & Universities
- West Liberty University. Adjunct professor, teaching an online marketing course to upperclassmen.
- West Virginia University. Session speaker, Effective Online Reputation Management, Executive Education program for the WVU College of Business & Economics Hospitality & Tourism Executive Series on Customer Service Management. Attendees rated Justin 6 out of 6 for the overall instructor rating with “knowledge of subject matter” and “ability to address the session’s published objectives” also scoring perfect 6.0′s.
- The Ohio State University. As mentioned in the conference section above under Digital Media in a Social World.
- Rowan College. As mentioned above as part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s export marketing series (upcoming).
- University of Charleston. As mentioned in the conference section under Social Media Business Forum.
- West Virginia Northern Community College. Devised and delivered a two-day course on social media for non-profits.
- Bethany College. Guest lecture.
- Advertising Age
- SES Magazine
- Successful Dealer
- Pittsburgh Business Times
- Connections Magazine
- The State Journal (WV). The State Journal has quoted Justin for multiple articles and published several articles he authored.
- TEQ Magazine
- West Virginia Executive
- Washington County Business Journal (PA)
Lectures / Group Presentations
- Greater Frederick (MD) Advertising Federation. Justin presented Get Found in Google: Should Search be a Part of Your Marketing Mix? at this GFAF conference in Frederick, MD. He also sat in on a panel at the event titled Campaign: Digital – Using email, social media, pay-per-click advertising, and search optimization to target your customers online.
- Private Truck Leasing Network. This online marketing presentation at the Standard Hotel in Los Angeles was tailored to the NationaLease members with a discussion of a variety of internet marketing techniques and heavy focus on local SEO.
- U.S. Commercial Service. The U.S. Commercial Service regularly holds Webinars to help U.S. based businesses export their products and services across the world. Justin presented international paid search and SEO tips in Internationalize and Optimize Your Website to Generate Export Sales.
- Do Biz U. The West Virginia High Tech Consortium Foundation is hosting a seminar series for its affiliates as well as members of the Marion Regional Development Corporation and Create Marion. Justin will be presenting an interactive social media workshop discussing facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, and local review sites on May 12th.
- West Virginia Environmental Education Association. Justin presented a general overview of social media – including twitter, blogging, and social networking – in Making Social Media Work for You in Environmental Education.
- AITP, Pittsburgh, Wheeling (WV), and Johnstown (PA) Chapters. Various regional Association of Information Technology Professionals chapters have invited Justin to present a range of topics including social media and search engine optimization.
You can also read insights from Justin and other team members on the Found Blog. The official Direct Online Marketing blog discusses in simple terms how to grow your business with search engine marketing (paid and SEO), blogging, social media, and other forms of online marketing.
In the Community
Justin serves as a board member of the West Virginia Northern Community College Foundation, Oglebay Institute, and the Wheeling Amateur Hockey Association. Recently the West Virginia governor appointed him to the WV Early Childhood Planning Task Force through March 2014. Justin has served on the boards of Generation West Virginia, OVConnect, and Wheeling Health Right in the past as well.
He also currently belongs to the following industry related groups: SEMPO and the Pittsburgh Advertising Federation.
Contact & Social Media Information
You may contact, connect with, or follow Justin at any of the following: