Direct Online Marketing™ is hiring Search Marketing Associates to perform search engine marketing and social media optimization work for our clients across the globe. It is an ideal position for persons relatively new to internet marketing or the workforce.
We are a Google AdWords Certified Partner and Bing Ads Preferred Agency firm headquartered in Wheeling, WV. We seek bright, hardworking individuals to help us service our clients and grow the company. Full- and part-time positions are available. Please note: this position’s work will be performed on site in our office.
Explore this Web site to learn more about our company. The Internet Marketing Terms glossary may prove especially helpful.
Yup, It’s Really Marketing Work
If you’re currently looking for a marketing job as a recent graduate or someone new to the field, likely almost everything you’re seeing is actually sales – no matter where in the U.S. you look, let alone the Wheeling – Pittsburgh area. Sales are vital to any company, but it’s a different beast and not marketing work. It’s extremely difficult to get actual marketing work without major previous marketing experience.
Our current opening is a rare opportunity to get hired for a marketing role and work in paid search, SEO, and social media without necessarily having experience with these tactics already (although experience is helpful).
Actual Things You’ll Do
The work you do will vary by day and will be heavier in some areas than others. While you might end up specializing in a particular area of our business (e.g. local SEO, site retargeting), you will start off as a jill- or jack-of-all-trades. Types of work you’ll perform include:
- Write copy for ads, Web sites, articles, and press releases
- Generate keywords
- Internet research
- Manage online advertising campaigns within Google, Bing, facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, and more
- Run and analyze reports
- Competitive analysis
- Acquire links
- Assist in facebook and twitter marketing
- And much more
Who You Are
To successfully apply for and excel in this position, you will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Outstanding computer skills (including Microsoft Office) and strong familiarity with the internet
- Organized & detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt with a changing work environment on a daily basis
- Prior work experience in an office environment
- Savvy with social media
- College degree preferred
The following skills are not required, but definitely a plus:
- Prior experience with search engine or social media marketing for business
- Web development skills
- Graphic design talent
Why You Want to Work for Us
We could be a great match if the following benefits sound interesting to you:
- The opportunity to work with an impressive group of clients in the online marketing field.
- Paid training and certifications
- Advancement and bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance – including Dental & Vision*
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Pay*
- On site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Memberships to area professional, civic, and social organizations like OVConnect.
* Full-time positions only.
How to Apply
Take some time looking at our Web site. Email a copy of your resume (included in the body of the email or in .pdf or .doc format) and why you would like to work for Direct Online Marketing™ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Top candidates will be chosen for a brief telephone interview to be conducted immediately. From there a few individuals will be selected for an in person interview.
Direct Online Marketing™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Updated April 10, 2013.