It’s all too easy to waste time, money and energy following a social media strategy that isn’t targeting your core users or isn’t of benefit to them when you do. In fact, when we speak at conferences, business owners and marketers #1 concern is simply how to make time for social media on top of all their other responsibilities. Direct Online Marketing™ can tailor a social media solution that will benefit both your business and your customers.
Top Social Media Platforms
Not all social media platforms are right for all organizations’ marketing plans. Some smaller niche sites might be worthwhile depending on industry, but the following are the largest and most active players that should be considered when thinking about social media marketing:
- Facebook. The largest player in the game, they currently boasts over one billion active users. Their progression has been fascinating, going from a site that was essentially a private network to an open platform with more active users than any country in the world not named China. Then there are Facebook-like services in some other countries, such as Vkontakte in Russia and former Soviet satellite countries. Check out our Facebook page to see industry updates and get a peak into what it’s like working here.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the #1 social media property for professionals with over 250 million users. It can be a great site for finding work, finding employees, networking, and establishing expertise. Follow Direct Online Marketing™ on LinkedIn.
- Twitter. Twitter seemingly exploded out of nowhere to become a social media platform with over 270 million users. It’s a great way to announce news, find out information (like, say, on our Twitter feed), and add fresh content to your website. Some retailers have also found success using classic coupon and promotion strategies, such as promoted tweets.
- Pinterest. One of the fastest growing social platforms, Pinterest now has 70 million members- the majority of whom are young, well-educated females with disposable income. While Pinterest may not be the best channel for every business, it can be great for retailers and stores where customers can window-shop.
- Google+. Launched in 2011, Google+ is not quite the social giant that Facebook is, but with 300 million monthly “active” users, it…has a nice host of features. Alright, you caught us – we’re not exactly the biggest fans of Google+, but as long as Google keeps pumping money behind it, it still has a shot, right? If you are into G+, check out our page.
- Foursquare. Foursquare is a geo-mobile-social site with over 45 million members and 5 billion check-ins worldwide. If you’re in a large metropolitan area and run a restaurant or other retail establishment where you can entice patrons with specials, foursquare may be a great way to add business.
And the above doesn’t even count powerhouses and up-and-comers like YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and Tumblr.
Social Media Marketing Resources
There are many ways to use social media marketing to your advantage. Typically, we focus on long-term approaches to improving search rankings and reputations; building brands; and establishing expertise. We also manage advertising campaigns for many clients via Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
To learn more about social media and the services we offer, please use the following resources in this section and throughout our website:
- Benefits of Social Media. Learn why many organizations are using social media and how they’re making these campaigns work.
- Our Social Media Services. Our major services include online reputation management, social media optimization, and WordPress customization.
- The Found Blog. Our blog features news and insights on the world of social media and search engine marketing and how to get more out of your campaigns.
Discuss Your Social Media Goals
To learn more about our social media service offerings and how we can help you, call 800.979.3177 or click here. We’re happy to discuss your goals, individual social media properties, and how you can make time for it all.