Several definitions of “social media optimization” exist. Ours is open: to enhance an organization’s social media presence to increase positive exposure on social media properties and further internal goals. As such, we offer a variety of social media optimization services as defined below.
The one area we generally avoid is acting as a company’s presence (e.g. updating statuses and responding to tweets, facebook wall posts, etc.). We believe it’s critical for the organization’s social media voice to be authentic and representative of the company. It’s very difficult to get that from an outside vendor and it creates logistical problems regarding hours of service, the ability to answer client inquiries, what happens if the contractual relationship ends, and a variety of other issues.
Social Media Optimization Services
Our social media optimization services include:
- Developing a Social Media Plan. You wouldn’t start a business without a detailed plan and you shouldn’t set up a facebook page or start tweeting away without one, either. Many times the first conversation we have with a client will start out, “My boss saw a SportsCenter anchor on twitter and says we need to be on it, too,” yet there’s been no discussion about what they hope to achieve. Let us help talk you through your goals and devise a plan to achieve them.
- Setting Up Accounts. We can create accounts for you and optimize them with backgrounds, tabs, etc. so that you’re ready to hit the ground running and don’t need to waste time figuring out the technical side of things.
- Evaluating Social Media Efforts. If you’re already updating statuses and tweeting (or we continue consulting after setting up accounts for you), we can monitor what you’re doing to provide recommendations for getting more out of your efforts and even how to create more content in less time.
- Increasing Traffic. We can help you get more out of your social media presence by optimizing existing content and creating unique, newsworthy, or highly linkable content that can become popular on places such as YouTube or blogs. We can also help you get more traffic to your main Web site by optimizing for the search engines.
- Promoting Content. Make it easy for your site visitors to promoting your existing site or Web presence via social media and bookmarking services. We can also help you increase total number of followers, which play a significant role in how the search engines evaluate your profiles.
- Advertising. There are ways to and circumstances for how you can effectively advertise in social media channels, including through LinkedIn and on facebook for some industries, such as political. We can help you evaluate the potential and run campaigns for you.
The main things we avoid are acting on a company’s behalf in the social sphere (as mentioned above) and creating viral content. We can create great content that will generate more traffic and increase your status, but if you want a video to hit 1 million views on YouTube, you’re reading the wrong company’s Web site.
Help for your Social Media Efforts
To learn more about any of the social media optimization services we offer, call 800.979.3177 or click here. We can discuss your specific goals and challenges to help you define needs and determine an appropriate plan of attack for moving forward.