Client Success Manager
We’re seeking extraordinary people who want to contribute to a fast-growing digital marketing agency with a proven track record of success for clients around the world.
Team members carry a great work-life balance and directly make an impact on our company as well as the lives of our clients, communities, and fellow team members.
Even though we contract with our clients on a month-to-month basis, we have an extraordinarily high retention rate due to the results and service we provide. As a Client Success Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering client delight and ensuring DOM functions as a true partner. This work includes heavy client interaction, high-level marketing strategy, communicating information among external and internal parties, and project management.
Why Work at DOM?
At a mid-sized agency, you have the opportunity to move the needle more than at a larger agency. Plus, you get to be part of a team of talented, hard-working individuals. We take our ‘No Jerks’ policy seriously here.
DOM is in the top 2% of all Google partner agencies worldwide, helping our clients grow their businesses through pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimization, social media advertising, and other forms of digital advertising. We’re a stable (established 2006) and growing leader delivering excellent results to our clients who say things like:
- “DOM constantly pushes the envelope. They’re great communicators and are fun to work with, too.”
- “Working with DOM is like working with colleagues who have our company’s best interest at heart.”
- “I’m approached daily by other digital marketing agencies who want to pitch their company to me, but I never consider anyone else.”
We offer a competitive package that includes health, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and quarterly profit sharing.
About the Position
Client Success Managers serve a critical role at DOM. In this position, you’ll work with our internal marketing teams to deliver all the services we offer to your portfolio of clients. Your three primary responsibilities are:
- Managing the client relationship in all facets,
- Understanding client goals and working with both sides to develop an appropriate strategy to meet these objectives, and
- Project management to ensure we meet all deliverables.
While your responsibilities will be clear, you will be operating in an environment that can be ambiguous at times, requiring you to make (reasoned) snap decisions to best deliver on our service promise.
Our clients comment frequently about their appreciation of speaking with a knowledgeable partner that knows their account deeply and can discuss strategy. Having a high-level grasp of marketing strategy and a deep understanding of the work we are performing for clients (e.g. digital advertising management, SEO) is critical. Other team members can and will be brought in to discuss more detailed information that may be beyond your particular expertise.
In order to best be able to speak to the clients regarding strategy, you also need to have a core understanding of how our services work and our specific approach to them. We will provide ongoing training and support in order to cover any gaps you may have. This training will include hands-on task work as needed during the initial period of your employment. From time to time, you may support accounts with such execution work as overall department needs dictate.
This full-time position requires a primary work location at either our Pittsburgh, PA, or Wheeling, WV office. (Please note that during the pandemic all DOM team members have the option of either telecommuting or working from either office. Beginning in mid-May we will be switching to a program of 3 days in the office per week, with 2 days of telecommuting work.)
Who You Are
You’re curious, friendly, articulate, accountable, and unflappable. You can juggle multiple requests with varying degrees of urgency to manage expectations and meet the needs of all stakeholders. You have a minimum of 3 years of experience serving in a client management role, as well as 3+ years working in a marketing capacity. Your experience will include:
- Managing multiple clients either:
- In an agency dealing with mid-sized clients, or
- In-house at a larger company where you deal with multiple departments and answer to multiple individuals
- Strategic marketing experience, including in search engine optimization, digital advertising, and social media
- Management of long-term projects involving multiple people and tasks with varying deadlines
- Experience dealing with multiple industries, especially in B2B verticals strongly preferred
Additionally, you have the following:
- World-class client experience skills
- Experience serving as the primary marketing point of contact, either in an agency or in dealing with multiple departments in house for a large brand
- Strong time management, project management, and organization skills
- Professional marketing experience, digital marketing strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing preferred
How to Apply
Direct Online Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
A NOTE ABOUT COVID-19
We take the health and safety of our employees, clients, and communities seriously. We are heeding all federal, state, and local recommendations, as well as social distancing best practices during this COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in joining our team but have specific questions, please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com.
Updated April 14, 2021