Digital Marketing (SEO) Department Manager
We’re seeking extraordinary people who want to contribute to a fast-growing digital marketing agency with a proven track record of success for clients around the world.
Team members carry a great work-life balance and directly make an impact on our company as well as the lives of our clients, communities, and fellow team members.
As the Digital Marketing Department Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing our organic marketing team who execute on SEO, content, social media marketing, and email marketing services for our clients. The heaviest emphasis will be on SEO. In addition to your team management and leading the department’s overall success and growth, you’ll also have a percentage of your time devoted to performing work for clients.
Why Work at DOM?
At a mid-sized agency, you have the opportunity to move the needle more than at a larger agency. Plus, you get to be part of a team of talented, hard-working individuals. We take our ‘No Jerks’ policy seriously here.
DOM is a top 200 Premier Google Partner digital marketing agency serving clients around the world. We help our clients grow their businesses through search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, social media advertising, and retargeting campaigns. We’re a stable (been in business since 2006) and growing leader delivering excellent results to our clients who say things like:
- “DOM constantly pushes the envelope. They’re great communicators and are fun to work with, too.”
- “Working with DOM is like working with colleagues who have our company’s best interest at heart.”
- “I’m approached daily by other digital marketing agencies who want to pitch their company to me, but I never consider anyone else.”
We offer a competitive package that includes health, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and quarterly profit sharing.
About the Position
You’ll be responsible for managing our team of search engine optimizers by overseeing day-to-day operations, setting team goals, growing the department, and being ultimately responsible for the organic success of our clients. Our client portfolio is diverse from many perspectives – types of sites, industries, geographies, and stages of development. Our clients’ goals are unique to them individually, but they all center around visitors taking direct action, such as filling out a form, placing a call, or purchasing online.
In addition to managing the team, the role will also provide support for the campaigns as well, which can take many forms, including planning, strategy, analysis, client support, content creation, and optimization.
**This position will be based in our Pittsburgh office and is not being offered remotely.**
Who You Are
You have a minimum of a combined 8 years of experience in SEO and team member management, preferably from working within or for clients from a variety of industries. Specifically, you will have experience with:
- In-house team management (not freelancers)
- Working both at an agency and in-house
- Setting SEO task execution, client communication, and organic strategy
- Performance analysis via website analytics and SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush, Moz, ahrefs, etc.)
Additionally, you have the following:
- Concrete understanding of SEO theory and best practices
- Client liaison skills: clear communication, managing expectations, responsiveness, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Top-notch organization skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a marketing-related field or equivalent work experience
These additional skills and experience are a plus:
- Social media and email marketing experience to meet business objectives across multiple platforms
- Foreign language/country SEO
- Web development/coding skills
How to Apply
Take some time looking through https://www.directom.com/ to learn more about us.
Then either apply directly online here or email a copy of your resume and why you would like to work for us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Online Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Updated January 23, 2020.