Choosing to hire a digital marketing agency can seem overwhelming at first. After all, how do you even know if your business can benefit from one, and how can you be sure that you’re really getting a return on your investment?
Here’s a quick look at when to hire a digital marketing firm, what a good firm can do for you, and how you can go about finding the perfect one:
- You’re doing everything yourself: If you wanted to spend all your time working on marketing, you’d have started up your own digital marketing firm — right? The fact is that you’ve got a business to run and you don’t have all the time in the world to spend on a marketing campaign.
- You aren’t analyzing the most important metrics of your digital marketing campaign(s)… Or any metrics, for that matter: There’s no one “right” way to conduct a great digital marketing campaign; the industry changes so much and so quickly that your business has to be able to adjust. This involves a lot of effort analyzing raw data to figure out what works, what doesn’t work, and what might work with a few improvements. It’s definitely confusing if you don’t have specialized programs or if you don’t know what the data really matters.
- You’ve lost touch with your brand: If you don’t really have a strong answer for why you’re doing what you’re doing, this is a sign that you need help creating a clear brand for your business. When you’ve lost touch with your brand, your consumers will lose touch with your business.
- Targeting your key consumer demographics: It’s surprisingly easy for small businesses to target demographics that are too general to produce substantial conversions. A good digital marketing firm will help with keyword research, link building, and social media sharing; all of these elements help narrow down a key audience that is interested in your business’s products and/or services.
- A whole team of marketing experts working for you: Even if you have one or two marketers working for your business, the digital marketing world is simply too complex to expect one person to know everything about each component. When you work with a digital marketing firm, you get all the resources and the experts that benefit your business the most.
- Automating what needs to be automated: Email marketing and social media marketing are both great approaches to digital marketing. In fact, email marketing provides the highest ROI of any digital marketing strategy, according to Business2Community, and six out of 10 Millennials say they stay updated with businesses via social media. Both of these strategies, to a certain extent, can also be automated.
- Branding: Many digital marketing firms will consider branding to be an essential part of any web design, search engine optimization, or inbound marketing campaign. Building your brand is just the first step. Maintaining your brand is the ongoing second step and it’s incredibly important: consumers usually need to be exposed to your brand anywhere from five to seven times before they remember it.
Hiring a great digital marketing firm doesn’t have to be hard!
Many agencies specialize in specific industries, locations, or types of digital marketing strategies. Asking other business owners for marketing company recommendations can be a good way to start if you aren’t sure what type of marketing service you need. If you start researching a marketing company and you really like how they manage their own online presence, you’re probably on the right path!