Just because we have Halloween on the brain, we’ve decided to do a quick little giveaway for a free Apple TV. Here’s how it works:
Halloween Contest Rules
It’s as simple as 1-2-3:
- Enjoy Halloween like you normally do. If you don’t normally enjoy Halloween, you’re ineligible. We’ll do background checks – don’t test us.
- While wearing your costume, make a circle with your hand to mimic holding the Apple TV you hope to win. If you don’t have hands, or if your costume doesn’t allow for hands, use a friend’s hand as a surrogate. Update: We’re relaxing the rules on this a little since we got started so late. We’ll accept pictures from this past weekend without the O – just has to be this year.
- Post the picture to our newly launched Facebook page.
Whatever we like. But, here are things we’ll look for:
- Esoteric…to a point. We may award it to someone whose costume we don’t recognize or get right away if we have an aha moment once it’s explained. But if we don’t get your 17th Century literary character without a 14 line explanation on your post to our facebook page, your chances aren’t looking good.
- Stands out
- Political humor okay.
- Not inappropriate. This is our company facebook page. We’re willing to let some silliness/sexiness slide (we’ve been to Halloween parties before), but only to a slight point. We reserve the right to dq anyone and pull their post for any reason. Racist, homophobic, and other jagoffiness strictly off limits. That should go without saying, but the world is full of some interesting people.
Umm…let’s go with Thursday, November 4th. That will give the slackers some time to upload. We’ll announce the winner no later than November 11th.
Let’s all be on the honor system, shall we? Because we’re doing this last minute, I’m sure there are loopholes where you can scam us. Just don’t. Beyond that, pictures must be from this year unless you’re psychic and held up your imaginary winnings back in 2004. One entry per person. Kids eligible unless there’s some law we don’t know about that prevents that. The picture must be of you or a minor in your care – no posting pics of drunks you see and shaming them publicly (but okay to be drunk and shame yourself publicly). We’ll pick up shipping in the U.S.; outside of the U.S., you’re on your own or we can give you an $100 Apple gift card – your choice. Direct Online Marketing™ employees not eligible. One prize total. Chances of winning: 1 in however many people post qualifying pics.
I don’t think I consciously stole this idea from our friends at Fitting Group, who have been running a jack-o-lantern promotion on their facebook page, but it probably seeped into my mind subconsciously. Therefore they get a non-no followed link: Pittsburgh branding agency.
What Makes the Apple TV Awesome
Check back here soon. Paul’s going to fill in this section since he’s the one that chose the giveaway. In the meantime, here’s a link to learn more.
Paul adds: Why have me babble inanely about the Apple TV when Steve Jobs did such a sterling job of it back in the beginning of September!