One of the perks of being a Google AdWords Certified Partner – besides the goofy gifts like the Google-branded lava lamp and Jenga games – is that they’ll intermittently send you advertising credits for new accounts.
While I was out of the office Google Engage (a new / rebranded service for search engine marketing agencies) sent us a box with a hat, thumb drive, and some Willy Wonka golden tickets. Except these golden tickets don’t get you into a magical world of Gene Wilder hijinks. These get you $100 worth of free advertising on Google AdWords.
Unlike some of the credits we get, these are specifically meant for self-serve to try and get more small businesses involved. We’ve set aside a few for some local organizations we know, but have some left-overs that we’re giving away on a first come, first serve basis.
How to Get Your Free $100 worth of AdWords Goodness
Email us or call us at 800.979.3177 before they’re all gone. That’s it – we’re doing it on a first come, first serve basis. Some footnotes:
- You must be a US- or Canadian-based business. Although, we have some other types of credits that may be eligible for companies outside the US and Canada, so feel free to reach out.
- For a brand new AdWords account only. If you’ve opened one in the last two weeks, you’re still okay, but the golden ticket turns into a pumpkin on midnight of the last day of the fortnight. The code must be entered during this period
- You must comply with all Google Terms of Service, naturally.
- The accounts must be active (i.e. actually running and showing ads) by July 15th.
- One per company.
What Strings are Attached?
Just two of which we’re aware:
- Google’s strategy here is a cross between the old Columbia House cd club subscription model and crack dealers. I truly don’t say that negatively – crack dealers are great marketers. You know, if you take out the whole crack part, which Google isn’t selling*. You’ll enter a credit card when you sign up. You’ll have to pause/cancel your account when you’re finished if you don’t want to start getting charged.
- We really don’t want to waste these, so we want to verify that the ads are running by July 15th by having temporary access to your account. And if Google AdWords seems daunting to you, we’ll even help you get everything set up and running before turning over to you.
* that I know of.
So, that’s it. Nothing to lose here as it’s free money. Just stop the campaign if it’s not working for you.