Currently, there are 23 PRSA workshops either available on-demand or scheduled to take place before the before the end of 2022.
While I personally haven’t been a member of the PRSA since 2008 (!!), clicking around their website the last few days made one thing abundantly clear to me:
that they back up their claim as “the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals.”
Why? Because there is a wide variety of events, programs and webinars they provide to those in the profession yearround.
Speaking of which, coming up this December, PRSA is hosting a brand-new, three-session virtual workshop titled “Making SEO Work For You.” The host of the event is pretty obvious, but the featured speakers include our founder and President, Justin Seibert, along with the founder of Cortado Group, Dan Bernoske.
Here’s the important information you need to know:
- Who: The PRSA with Justin Seibert and Dan Bernoske
- What: Hosting a virtual workshop titled “Make SEO Work For You”
- When: December 6, 8, and 13 from 12 PM to 3 PM EST each day
- Where: Virtually on PRSA.org
- Why: To help digital communications professionals understand how Google can be leveraged in your communications plans while also equipping them to establish KPIs that are measurable and aligned with relevant organizational objectives.
Interested in registering? Click here.
Want to learn more about what’s going to be covered in these PRSA workshops before you sign up? Learn more below.
What Will Be Covered In This PRSA Workshop?
This workshop will explain the fundamentals of search engine optimization (SEO) in a digestible format, then provide a framework for how you can build a strategic digital communications plan that supports your organization’s goals and objectives.
Led by Justin Seibert, president of Direct Online Marketing, this highly interactive workshop will cover topics such as buyer persona creation, keyword conceptualization and research, content optimization, how to build time and cost budgets, and how to gain insights into your competition.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify how Google can be leveraged in digital communications.
- Create an initial, workable plan that sets measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives tied to organizational goals.
What Is The Schedule Of This PRSA Workshop?
Below is the currently proposed schedule for the workshop as of posting.
Tuesday, December 6
- Digital communications tactical tool kit.
- Identifying tactics for short-term and long-term results.
- How to set measurable KPIs and objectives tied to organizational goals, and how to measure them.
- A primer on Google Analytics 4 (GA4) and what you need to know ahead of Google turning off Universal Analytics on July 1, 2023.
- How to benchmark the competition.
- How to select and build target audience personas.
Thursday, December 8
- Fundamentals of SEO
- A keyword research framework for determining content focus.
- How to optimize content for desired keywords.
- Including blog posts, press releases, and web pages.
- Leveraging press coverage.
Tuesday, December 13
- How to brainstorm content to meet your goals, speak to your audience and position for Google visibility.
- Resource map creation to highlight needs including skill set, headcount, and budget.
- Advertising options to kick-start learnings and results.
- Geographic targeting options for local, national, and international.
Know Someone Who Has An APR Accreditation?
You may want to share the link to these PRSA workshops with them. Accredited PR pros who attend this workshop can earn 1.5 renewal continuing education units towards their annual requirements.
Have questions about this workshop you think only our team can answer? Drop us a note and we will get back to you in about one business day.
Hope to see you there!