SEO For Manufacturing With A 407% Growth In Google Page 1’s
A custom manufacturer of textiles and polymer products wanted to increase its production opportunities in commercial and healthcare markets after years of successful work in government contracting. The tactics we use to provide SEO for manufacturing companies provided the turnkey solution for this company to expand their opportunities.
They came to DOM to help:
- Decrease their dependence on government contracts sourced from federal databases
- Navigate customer acquisition in niche channels that were foreign to them and hard to target using traditional manufacturing directories like ThomasNet
- Increase their page 1 keyword rankings in Google
- Modernize their entire web presence
To increase the degree of difficulty, all of this needed to be completed without making any sacrifices to strict NIST compliance requirements which were needed to maintain their status as a government contractor.
Our strategy revolved around three core components of successful SEO campaigns:
- SEO Migration Services: We supported this custom manufacturer by connecting them with a new, custom hosting solution that was NIST compliant through our partnership with WPEngine. Once the platform for their new website was deployed, we also connected them with a web design service provider to help improve the first impression potential clients form when they visited them online. Once the redesign firm was selected, our team mapped all necessary redirects and coordinated the project between client and developer to guarantee a successful platform move from Kentico to WordPress.
- SEO Services: Once the migration services were complete, we fixed issues and warnings discovered in our site auditing tools, optimized images and configured plugins to improve page-speed site wide. Extensive keyword research and competitor gap analysis informed our strategy, and link building followed to build up the site's domain authority.
- Weekly Blog Post Creation: It's hard to position a website for success in search engines without creating thought leadership content on a regular schedule. Our team wrote a well-optimized blog post weekly. This manufacturer creates custom products, therefore it does not have a standard catalog of sample products. Due to the sensitive nature and clearances required for some of the products they make - they also can't disclose what they are working on for many of their clients. To work around this, our team created pages about the types of products they've created in the past and why their quality assurance has to be the highest priority. Creating content that ranked for keywords related to the products type create helped make it clear to searchers what solutions they provide and who they can they provide those solutions to.
Our tactics to support SEO for manufacturing companies - complemented by weekly content creation - helped this custom manufacturer increase their online visibility and grow new opportunities in the commercial and healthcare sector with confidence. Comparing their performance in the most recent business quarter to the same quarter in the previous year:
- 407% increase in page 1 Google rankings for targeted terms
- 147% increase in organic search traffic
- 101% increase in daily impressions in Google search results
- 40+ new pieces of content with commercial and transactional intent to drive leads monthly
By The Numbers
Page One Rankings Growth
Search Traffic Increase
New Content Assets To Generate Leads